I have been having a go at some healthier baking recently which has been lots of fun. I love to bake cakes, buns, cookies etc. and to try out new yummy recipes. However with just two of us in the house, it may taste great but it's not the best for our belly's to be sharing big batches of cupcakes between just the two of us! So although I'm not stopping the 'naughtier' baking I've been having a go at some lower calorie, 'healthier version' recipes.
Now there have been quite a few disasters. Working with alternate ingredients that I'm not used to has led to cupcakes that look more like pancakes and muffins that quite frankly taste like salty rubber! However I found
this little recipes on a blog called ambitious kitchen, that looked too delicious not to try and I have to say I am pretty proud of myself with this one!
These little brownies are only 100 calories each with 6g of protein packed in there! A delicious and easy way to get a bit more protein into your diet, something that I find difficult sometimes. They are very chocolatey with a lovely fudgy texture as brownies should have and the raspberries add a sweet tang that just tops them off perfectly as well as making them look nicer too with a pop pink.

I have noticed I am put off by a lot of 'healthier' or protein recipes because I don't have some of the ingredients in the cupboard already and don't want to spend lots of money in order to bake them. But when I looked more closely I realised how cheap or easy to make these ingredients are. For example these brownies contain oat flour which is literally blended up oats! (easy peasy and already in the kitchen cupboard) and unsweetened applesauce which I made a big batch of in half an hour by stewing apples and I now have in my fridge ready for the next recipe I try. So it's worth trying something new sometimes and a lot easier than you think.
These little beauties will definitely be joining my regular recipes and I'm sure Rob won't be complaining when I make them again.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment